There are two ways to use a Map UDF, using the the Map panel, and using the formula bar.
Using the Map panel:
1. Select a column to use as a parameter, and select Map... from the column menu. The map panel opens
2. On the map panel, start entering the module name in the Search map functions... field, or in the in the category field, select user-defined and scroll down to your UDF. You will find the function alphabetically by module: module:functionname. Once you select the function, your parameter names populate the Map panel.
3. Select a column name, None, or empty string for each parameter.
4. Select a name for the new column to be added to your table.
5. Click MAP.
Using the function bar
1. Select a column and start entering "=map(" into the function bar. The function bar attempts to autocomplete function and column names. You can hit up or down arrows and then tab key to autocomplete.
3. Once you've entered your function into the function bar, hit the enter key.
4. You will have the opportunity to name the new column created to contain the new value.
5. Click New Column and enter a name to apply your Map UDF. Your function text temporarily disappears from the function bar while you add the new column. Don't worry, XD is retaining it and will apply it after you name your new column.