Xcalar SSL Setup
If you would like to use SSL to connect to Xcalar, then please follow the SSL and PEM setup instructions as explained in this article. You will need to contact a Xcalar admin to set this up.
Once this is setup, you can proceed to the next step.
Copy this PEM file to your windows server (or desktop if you are using Qlik Desktop edition). In Qlik Sence click the "Create New Connection" button (this can be done from many places, for example from Script Editor).
- In the "Data Sources" list choose "Apache Spark (beta)"
- Keep serever type as "Spark Thrift Server",
- Fill out Host Name, for example "myserver.company.com",
- Keep port as 10000,
- Keep Database blank
- Keep Authentication mechanism as "User Name And Password" and provide User name and Password
- In SSL Options:
- Check "Enable SSL"
- Enter the path to where you saved PEM file in "Full path to Trusted Certificate" text box
- Check "Allow Common Name Host Name Mismatch"
- Leave other boxes unchecked
- Keep Thrift selection as "SASL",
- Keep default selections in other boxes
- Select Name for your connection
Testing and Saving
- Click "Test Connection"
- If successful - click "Save", otherwise troubleshoot