Great question. Are you seeking to export results of a batch dataflow or directly from your modeling?
You can parameterize a batch dataflow to use a custom export target path when the target is of type UDF. The name of your exported data files will be the same name as your custom export path.
- From the batch dataflow you wish to configure, click the table representing your export operation, the right-most table in your dataflow:
- Select Create parameterized operation from the context menu.
- Click + New Parameter.
- Enter the name for your custom directory. I called mine customExport. (Guess I'm not feeling original this AM.)
- Drag the parameter into the Export As... field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Parameterize Operation modal window and configure a value for your new parameter.
- Click SAVE.
Worst case scenario is that you may need to change the parameter between each export, depending on the operational process you are seeking to fit this into. I will close the loop with your professional services consultant to assess if or how to automate the parameter change.
Did this touch on the information you needed?