Release Date: September 15, 2017
Xcalar 1.2.2 includes new features and enhancements for the following:
- The dataset previewing section now automatically updates after changes, except for the following sections that already include a refresh preview operation:
- Changes for user-defined function (UDF) parsing
- Changes in the Advanced Options section
- This release adds new connectors and support for the following:
- MapR protocol
- Microsoft Azure Blob Storage.
NOTE: The Azure storage blob also requires updating the Xcalar default.cfg configuration file.
- Dataset locking is now available. Locking a dataset prevents a user from accidentally deleting the dataset.
- A new Get info option is now available for displaying information about the dataset, including the dataset name, the user that created the dataset, and if the dataset is locked.
- Support added for row-delimited datasets but not field-delimited datasets.
- You can now sort tables by worksheet from the Tables list.
- You can now sort values from multiple columns.
Maps and GroupBy operations can now output to multiple columns.
- A new TableID animation is included in a table’s table header, which explicitly shows when a new table is created.
- In this release, automated skew detection is displayed. The Xcalar Design menu bar displays the skew score and the skew information of tables.
- You can now select the following operations from the table options:
- Lock table
- Unlock table
- Create table with erroneous rows (ER)
- Create complement table
- View skew details
User Defined Functions
Improvements were added for inline search and replace operations in the UDF editor.
A Pie chart was added to the Profile modal window.
- You can now group multiple operations as a Logical operation.
- User experience improvements were added for the parameterization of batch dataflows.
- User experience improvements were added to the:
- Memory graph
- Log screen
- Filing support tickets
- The MONITOR panel now displays 4 cluster system statistic graphs:
- The Xcalar administrator now has the ability to broadcast messages to Xcalar users.
- The Admin panel now includes the following functions:
- A Log Flush button
- A Login configuration section
- The Xcalar Admin can now configure how users log in to Xcalar.
- Xcalar now integrates with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (ADD). Where, Xcalar users can now log in to their AAD account with their Xcalar user names.
For more information, see Xcalar Help.
Additional Features and Improvements
- The addition of the Metaphone extension. This extension clusters common misspellings, such as city names and company names.
- Xcalar Installer Improvements include:
- Installing, upgrading, and uninstalling Xcalar from the Xcalar Install Wizard
- Configuring your shared storage and demand paging paths and directories from the Xcalar Install Wizard
- Ability to change your Xcalar Root Directory path during an upgrade
- Connecting to an existing Xcalar Enterprise Manager cluster
- A shared demand paging area is now accessible for the temporary storage of Xcalar data. With this release, the demand paging process is activated during a batch dataflow for operations that previously would have failed due to memory space issues. The demand paging process temporarily stores Xcalar data in your demand paging area until required.
- Data loading improvements. With this release, Xcalar Root is no longer used for primary inter-node communications. Previously, if Xcalar Root was installed in a slow Network File System (NFS) loading files on a cluster was a slow process.
- Beta and Alpha testing for the following new features, include:
- Live help (expect in release 1.3.0)
- Xcalar Processing Unit SDK
- Xcalar Enterprise Manager
For more information, see Xcalar Help and Xcalar Installation Guide.
Fixes in This Release
- Fixed issues related to inefficient memory utilization during load and UDF processing. Previously, large amounts of memory could be used when UDFs were activated, which could lead to Xcalar being unresponsive. This is now fixed.
- General bug fixes